[OSGeo-Discuss] Enterprise OSDB for OSGIS

Eduardo Patto Kanegae epk.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 06:55:33 PST 2006

I know that MS-SQL2005Express is NOT opensource( despite it's a freeware),
but last week I have installed this database with the spatial database
extension MsSQLSpatial and I liked a lot too. Because this extension is
OGC/SFS compliant, if you know how to user PostGIS, so you will feel
comfortable to manage MsSqlSpatial too.

The bad side is that it's still a very new project, so there's not much
render-clients available. The only I know is SharpMap and MapServer - which
can render MsSQLSpatial object using an OGR/ODBC connection.

best regards,

Eduardo Patto Kanegae
http://www.webmapit.com.br