[OSGeo-Discuss] Mobile GPS data collection...

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jul 31 23:28:11 PDT 2006

Bob Basques wrote:
> Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> Aaron Koning wrote:
>>
>>> I think you are spot on Bob! Do you have a web server in mind?
>>> What are the options for web servers on the Windows Mobile
>>> platform? ApacheCE is a fairly dated project that ported Apache
>>> 1.x to WindowsCE. Does anyone know if there is a newer Apache
>>> port for Windows Mobile or does compiling Apache from source work
>>> well on Windows Mobile? What about PHP?
>>>

>> Here is a list of HTTP servers for Windows CE-based platforms I
>> know: [...]
>
> While all these are possible candidates, I think I agree with the
> Idea of building a CORE Component set first, and then applying it to
> the different OS's on a as-needed basis.

I agree.

> How much about these different OS's will be required to document do
> you think for development purposes, can we maybe start up a Basic
> list of capabilities required by each and go from there?

Hmm, the Mobile_Solutions wiki has already started and I think there we
can put all details "from top to the bottom" to compare possible platforms.

What do you think?

I'd like to get answer to these questions:
- What is our choice of programming language?
- What is the first OS we'll use to develop and test Core components?

Best regards
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net