[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Stack - was: OSGeo community Maxed out?

pmarc paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 09:53:11 PDT 2006

> I skimmed the site, but it seems a lot like the GeoFOSS DVD Jeroen
> helped produce.  A collection of vetted packages, but they aren't
> necessarily closely integrated (I don't really know this - it is
> hard to tell from the web site).

You are dead on. I didn't realize the integration issue. That is not
important in the opencd case, but an important one to us.

> The FGS package (FOSS GIS Suite) for linux is already distribution
> agnostic.  It works quite well, though it is not as complete a set of
> packages I would want for OSGeo.   FWTools also does this, but it is
> rather monolithic rather than package oriented.
> I consider FGS a model for what I want to do on linux.
>
>    http://maptools.org/fgs/

I don't know any of those, I'll have a look at FGS and Jeroen's DVD.
Maybe I can lend a hand.
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.229 = GG87vc (http://www.amsat.org/cgi-bin/gridconv)