[OSGeo-Discuss] [off-topic] workstation for GIS. Suggestions?

Paulo Marcondes paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 14:59:24 PST 2007

2007/2/18, Eduardo Patto Kanegae <epk.lists at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I´m looking for a nice computer to work with GIS/RS applications and
> have been looking some workstations products from HP, Sun and Dell.
>
> Do you have any suggestions or comments for hints?
>
> >From my first overviews I thought that SUN Sparc + Solaris would be a
> nice option. I also like when Solaris video says "each release has 9
> years of support lifecicle".
>
> or do you think is there any other option with less money and same power?

Funny to see _you_ asking for help here =]

I think anything with lots of memory and a huge, fast disk will do.
As for OSes, any UN*X will do, specially a free one =]
You can see below which one I would choose.

I think several moons ago someone asked a question very similar to
yours on the GRASS list.

Maybe somehere has more clues than myself =].

--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.224 = GG86jc