[OSGeo-Discuss] Commercial Support for the OSGeo Stack

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Tue May 1 09:40:35 PDT 2007

Cameron,

Are you encouraging individual developers and companies to offer
commercial support for the OSGeo stack? Are you encouraging the OSGeo to
offer these services or to have some role in providing them?

I think you are correct when you state that the availability of
commercial services that support the OSGeo stack would increase their
adoption.

I'm a little unclear about what role the OSGeo would play in this. Would
it certify or recommend service providers? I think we should be careful
about involving the OSGeo to deeply in any venture that would involve
the exchange of money. Money seems to bring out the worst in people. :]

Landon (A.K.A. - The Sunburned Surveyor)