[OSGeo-Discuss] Israel and Romanian local chapter?

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Feb 26 00:01:30 PST 2008

Hi Tyler:

I'd certainly be pleased if there were more OSGeo activity here in
Israel (and adoption of other open source software as well). However
ESRI is very solidly implanted here. For the most part Israelis equate
GIS with Arcview, and are not aware of alternatives. In my estimation,
there's an uphill climb before reaching the level where we can start
talking about a local chapter.

Cheers,

Micha