[OSGeo-Discuss] End of life for Community Mapbuilder

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Mon Jul 28 15:29:37 PDT 2008

Mike's mention of the key role of a BoF in cooperation among projects is as good a reason as any to mention that you can plan your BoF session for 2008 here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_BOF_Sessions. Who knows where it will lead?

Gavin
FOSS4G2008 conference chair
Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> In fact, I've been just thrilled
> by the degree of cooperation achieved between several of the web
> mapping client
> side projects in recent years.  The experience and efforts focused on
> improvement and exploitation of OpenLayers by those involved in
> Mapbuilder,
> ka-map and other projects has helped turn OpenLayers into what I would
> argue
> is the "best of breed" role it plays now.
I just want to point out that a key event in this process was the web
mapping client BoF at Lausanne where all of the FOSS client projects got
together and decided to stop re-inventing the wheel.  For me, this is a
tangible demonstration of the benefits that OSGeo can achieve.

Mike