[OSGeo-Discuss] Foreign Language Community Support

(Orkney)Toru Mori moritoru at orkney.co.jp
Sun Nov 9 22:25:59 PST 2008

Japan may have been located in one of the most distant place from English
community both in geographically and in language :)

There are many users of OpenLayers here already, but we do not have had
any specific local language support communities yet.

In the FOSS4G local conference here in Japan last week, several
presentations referred to source code improvements. If nobody cares about
them, then they would become one of fork and nothing might be integrated
into mainstream.

As Chris pointed out, our OSGeo local chapter discussion list could be the
place to communicate. However, mailing list is sometimes difficult to view
summary of discussions, I would prefer wiki typed page in local language.

Lastly, most important part is how and when to relay local issues to the
mainstream. Who takes care of them? This is a HR issue, cannot be solved
by just mailing lists or wiki pages though. What we are facing is here.

Mori @ OSGeo Japan Chapter

Lorenzo Becchi <lorenzo at ominiverdi.com> wroteF