[OSGeo-Discuss] Anyone interested in geocoding and routing?

Alvaro Zabala azabala at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 23:38:19 PST 2008

2008/11/12 Anton Patrushev <anton.patrushev at gmail.com>
Hi,

>From my point of view there is nothing really impossible in making
international geocoder tool.

Well, but you can define (as you point) a plugin based address normalization
API, and every actor interested in a given address system implementation,
could develop its own plugin.

 gvSIG project is developing something similar:

http://subversion.gvsig.org/gvSIG/trunk/extensions/extNormalization/ a GUI
plugin client to create dialogs for address normalization.
http://subversion.gvsig.org/gvSIG/trunk/libraries/libGeocoding/   library
for Geocoding and address normalization.

Best regards.

We just have to admit that we can't make one tool for each and every

Alvaro Zabala Ordóñez
azabala at gmail.com
alvaro.zabala[en]juntadeandalucia[punto]es
Tlf: 954 995 572
Gabinete de Normalización y Calidad
Servicio de Coordinación y Desarrollo de Sistemas Horizontales.
D.G. de Innovación y Administraciones Públicas.
Consejería de Innovación, Ciencia y Empresa, Junta de Andalucía