[OSGeo-Discuss] web mapping package

Cédric Moullet cedric.moullet at camptocamp.com
Mon Dec 28 21:52:22 PST 2009

Hi John,
Another viewer alternative is GeoExt (www.geoext.org). You can have a look
at the samples http://www.geoext.org/examples.html#examples and a mappanel
together with a layer tree allows you to create easily a map viewer. As
GeoExt uses OpenLayers, all OpenLayers formats are supported.
If you need server capabilities, MapFish server (www.mapfish.org) let's you
create easily REST services (CRUD) in order to expose/analyse geospatial
data stored in PostGIS. See the quickstart:
http://www.mapfish.org/doc/1.2/quickstart.html.
Best regards,
Cédric

CTO Geospatial Camptocamp SA