[OSGeo-Discuss] Webinars on OS geo for local governments, schools and nonprofits?

Daniel Ames amesdani at isu.edu
Mon Feb 8 13:42:52 PST 2010

Webinars are a great idea but need someone to host the webinar
software... any thoughts on how to do that? We could potentially help
out here at ISU with the desktop sharing side of things, but the
problem is the audio... - Dan

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Charlie Schweik
<cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu> wrote:
> Dimitris Kotzinos wrote:
>>
>> Dear Charlie,
>>
>> the idea sounds intriguing but we should bear in mind the different
>> requirements of the three actors you mentioned in your e-mail, so it would
>> be difficult to find the one size that fits all.
>
> Good point, Dimitris. As someone who teaches but also studies the public
> sector I agree wholeheartedly. If there was sufficient interest, perhaps we
> could have a series of these, e.g.:
>
> OS Geo technologies for high-school teachers
> - sub topics here
> OS Geo technologies for local governments
> - sub topics here
>
> At the same time, seminars on various technologies could, potentially, be
> somewhat generic.
>
>> Moreover we need to know a bit more an the needs we will try to cover and
>> finally we need the people who would do the job. As I said the idea is
>> interesting so I would interested in participating.
>
> I've had two responses so far from people possibly interested in
> participating in this. If there are others who might be interested in
> presenting a topic, let me know.
> If I get a few more I'll start a wiki page to try and start organizing
> topics and potential presenters. This may lead then to a conference call for
> further discussion.
>
> Cheers
> Charlie

Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE