[OSGeo-Discuss] Bug report response time

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 02:47:31 PST 2010

You can often export the bug database out into excel for analysis. You
may need to play with the results to focus on problem reporting.

Why? Often open source projects end up with "wish list" bugs that do
not fall within anyone's funding or mandate.

Personally I would love to see the difference not between open source
and proprietary software - as I think that sells us short (we are more
amazing than that!).

The true test would be the track record for paying customers - getting
a bug fixed with an open source product vs a proprietary product.
Since a common open source model is to pay for support; it would be
great to show the amazing service provided.

Now that *would* be an impressive difference.

Jody