[OSGeo-Discuss] 30m SRTM worldwide?

Jean-Philippe Lagrange Jean-Philippe.Lagrange at ign.fr
Sat Aug 27 17:18:23 PDT 2011

Hi Carsten,

I am afraid that this mystery relates to cost/available budget matters!

Jean-Philippe

De : discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] de la part de Carsten Troelsgaard [troelsgaard53c at live.dk]
Date d'envoi : samedi 27 août 2011 09:55
À : lists.osgeo.org
Objet : RE: [OSGeo-Discuss] 30m SRTM worldwide?

Hi Sylvain

The mystery moves to why they didn't 'fix' it in the first place.
I noted that part of the Amazon Basin has a low overall stack-count.
The QA file that follows the geoTiff-data is populated with data (stack-numbers) in the same format (geoTiff) .. that makes it possible to predict troubled areas. I'm not sure if your GIS-tools can incoorporate and use the auxillery-data.

Carsten