[OSGeo-Discuss] 30m SRTM worldwide?

Sylvain JM Desmoulière syltao at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:53:15 PDT 2011

Hi Carsten,

Continuing your idea I import ASTER QA Plain file ASTGTM_..._num.tiff
in my GRASS location. It show a 1 to 3 stack count which borders areas
superpose with artifacts (see both images end of
http://yepca.org/wp3/?p=303 ).
Next steep is to verify what append if I use the stack number to
correct GDEM using GRASS mapcalc (something like 'if stack layer = 3
than GDEM =+20m'). Then comparing with SRTM-DEM in a untouched forest
area... Let me dream...

Thanks again
Sylvain