[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter member nominees -- where are you? Please speak up!

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Fri Nov 25 15:52:25 PST 2011

I just went back through my mail, and as near as I can tell it looks like only 4 of 34 nominees have actually taken the time to post a note here saying who they are and/or why they should be elected.

This confuses me.  Am I missing something?

I recognize some people aren't into self-promotion, but if you're not willing to advocate for yourself and our cause in a friendly forum like this, then I have to wonder if being a charter member is that important to you, and if you'd be a good spokesperson and champion of OSGeo.

(I realize that English is not the language of choice for many of the nominees; that's fine, please feel free to post in your own native language, and I'll happily take the effort to run it through a translator!)

Thanks to Cepicky, Di Leo, Ferrer, Woodbridge, and Basques for speaking up.  I sincerely hope I didn't miss anyone else.

_mpg