[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2013 Nottingham archiving

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Wed Dec 4 07:20:21 PST 2013

There's already a repository for 2013 at
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/2013/ it has some files in it (mainly bid
documents at present that I uploaded at the start of the process). I'm
currently wgetting the basecamp project that we were using, so I can verify
that we will also be archiving that- however until it finishes I don't know
how much disk space it's going to take up.

Jo

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Barry Rowlingson <
b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

> The material for FOSS4G 2013 for possible archiving amounts to:
>
>  1. Static web site, including mapgallery HTML but not including
> mapgallery images: 74Mb
>
>  2. MapGallery imagery: 350Mb
>
>  3. Basecamp archive: ???Mb - contains discussions, documents etc
>
>  4. Google Docs: ???Mb
>
> I'm responsible for 1 and 2. Is that too much? I could take out the
> map gallery but it is quite nice. Someone else will perhaps be in
> touch about 3 and 4.
>
> Could someone on the exec kickstart the process whereby I can put
> these things, if OSGeo still want them, onto storage somewhere.
>
> I don't know if OSGeo would rather put them on a filesystem or have
> everything in SVN, in which case a new SVN repo for 1 and 2 would
> probably be the thing, then I'd push everything to it.
>
> If we don't get this done by end-of-year then I doubt it will get done
> afterwards.
>
> Barry

*Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 7930 524 155
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform<http://www.isharemaps.com/>

864201149.