[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G North America - Blind voting [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Thu Jan 17 14:41:57 PST 2013

Folks,
I support whatever the program committee comes up with. If they want
to have a blind review and not have names there, great. If it does not
work out the next committee can do it in a different way.

This is not to cut off the discussion which I think is good to have so
please keep it coming. But in the end it is the responsibility of the
committee to take a decision and when they have done it I will support
it, no matter what. Well, almost no matter what. :-)

And I really support the committee to take decisions to make sure that
the program is well balanced, no matter what the "community" says.
This is why we have a committee. If we'd want to have a completely
"community" driven (whatever that beast is) conference we'd hook up
slideshare and play the most popular ones. What a bore.

Cheers,
Arnulf