[OSGeo-Discuss] Defining a GIO position (or attmepting to . . .)

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Oct 16 08:38:32 PDT 2013

Daniel,

I'm not sure why exactly, but the "facilitates interoperability" seems fluffy for some reason.  It might be something to integrate into the original statement however.  The vendor lock-in piece is definitely something that will need to be included somehow, but I'm thinking there or two things here based on the replies so far, one is for a description of the position and another would be to define some sort of policy/or, dare I say it, "best practice" document, hopefully something that is hard to refute.

All good thoughts.

Bobb