[OSGeo-Discuss] Gender bias in nominations

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jul 24 15:41:51 PDT 2014

I agree with Jo and Maria.  I've always felt welcome in OSGeo primarily
because I share many interests and philosophies with many of you.  I think
gender quotas will in long run do more damage than good. I'd hate to think
people think I am where I am because of my gender or that people let me get
away with stuff just because of my gender.

People should be judged on merit and interest primarily and we should focus
more on global expansion, education, and activity funding and the rest will
fall into place.

Thanks,
Regina Obe

  _____