[OSGeo-Discuss] Hacking OSGeo

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu Sep 18 02:21:45 PDT 2014

Hi all,
sorry for coming so late in this thread but I would like to try rephrase what Bart said to the following:

On one hand you have a Foundation, let’s name it OSGeo, which is willing to be more professional at organizing the FOSS4G and searching for the help of a professional organization to do so. On the other hand you have a professional organization, let’s name it LocationTech, which proven to be devoted to the previous one and is willing to provide this help by providing bids for organizing the next FOSS4Gs.

So from here, I feel we should all keep calm and try to speak our mind in a constructive and when possible positive way.

Indeed, if we reread the first paragraph here, can we see anything bad in what is happening except solution (or at least kind-of).

Obviously, nothing is totally black or totally white anywhere, so we obviously have to take good care of the implications this may have in the futur and protect what we think have to be protected for being able to evolve safely as a Foundation. But please one more time, let us try to be more positive and let’s *move on* without facing the same issue again and again. I feel it started already.

Best,

Le 14 sept. 2014 à 08:51, Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at osgis.nl> a écrit :

> Okay then I have 2 follow-up questions for you and/or Jeff:
>
> 1) do you acknowledge we have a problem with FOSS4G organising?
>
> 2) what other solutions to this problem do you see and why are they better than co-organising with Eclipse/LocationTech?
>
> Bart

Gérald Fenoy
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay