[OSGeo-Discuss] Discussion on statement : avoiding slang. Was: Drafting a Diversity statement for the foundation (call for input)

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Sun Mar 29 13:08:02 PDT 2015

Yes, we are a multilingual community.
At this moment, English is our common language for wordlwide communication,
but at some moment in time, this might change to Chinese/Mandarin, or to
Arabic perhaps?).
In order to keep the community as accessible as possible, the use of Simple
English is encouraged. The use of (for example) sayings and proverbs, and
abbreviations should be minimized.

Greetings,

Gert-Jan