[OSGeo-Discuss] [OSGeo-Standards] Lidar News magazine false statements on (L)GPL (Was REPORT: my OGC membership slot)

Scott Simmons ssimmons at opengeospatial.org
Tue Oct 6 15:53:07 PDT 2015

Cameron,

I’ll stay away from the legal opinions of open source - this is really outside my domain!!!!

As to the Point Cloud Domain Working Group, we held the first official meeting of the group a few weeks ago in Nottingham.  A couple of good developments:

1. The elected chairs come from a diversity of experience (commercial and academia) and are not limited to LiDAR expertise;
2. The group is starting to develop a list of potential actions to pursue.

A public wiki exists, but is only just now beginning to get populated.
http://external.opengis.org/twiki_public/PointCloudDWG/WebHome <http://external.opengis.org/twiki_public/PointCloudDWG/WebHome>

The group plans regular telecons - I’ll make sure to announce those to the OSGeo discussion list.

Best Regards,
Scott