[OSGeo-Discuss] code of conduct: another real case

Michael Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Fri Sep 18 07:28:09 PDT 2015

I agree: Peter’s issue doesn’t seem to be a Code of Conduct issue, it seems closer to a Code of Ethics issue — but even that’s not quite right. I think this is more properly a grievance to be taken up directly with the Board.

Suggestion: the CoC team right want to consider a couple lines on the wiki page that (further) clarify the intent of the Code of Conduct, as opposed to the intent of a Code of Ethics [1][2]. The two are similar in their ultimate goals, but address different areas of our professional lives and activities [3].

[1] https://www.acm.org/about/code-of-ethics
[2] http://www.ieee.org/about/corporate/governance/p7-8.html
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethical_code

-mpg