[OSGeo-Discuss] Board election: no re-elections this year?

Michael Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Wed Sep 23 06:58:49 PDT 2015

A few data points:

* The OSGeo board has existed for nine years, with nine members each year, for a total of 81 positions. Except one year had an unfilled slot, so it’s actually 80.

* 33 different people have served on the board.

* The distribution of how-many-people served-for-N-years looks like this:

	1 year: 6 people
	2 years: 18 people
	3 years: 3 people
	4 years: 1 person
	5 years: 1 person
	6 years: 2 people
	7 years: 0 people
	8 years: 1 person

* Only 1 person has ever served non-consecutive terms.

* There does not appear to be any statistically meaningful change in average-length-of-term over the nine years.

* With 8 consecutive years of service, Frank holds the coveted OSGeo "Mr. Popularity" award.

For extra credit:
	- has the "geographic diversity” changed over the year?
	- what does the board chair (president) representation over time look like?
	- weight the board members by the % of meetings they attended: what can be learned?
	- weight the board members by the ratio of +1/-1 votes: who is the most… umm… “unharmonious”?

(data taken from http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors)

-mpg