[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo4W maintenance activities

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Feb 21 07:16:52 PST 2016

> Early after I joined there was still Frank Warmerdam who did a lot - but
> that got less over time.  Matt Wilkie did some work on python.  And Martin
> Landa took over GRASS.  Except for some people on-and-off that's about it
> - the rest mostly ended up here.

Jürgen,

Perhaps for example for GDAL packaging, I could try to see if there's someone
volunteering in the community to look after that one. Would be cool to have a
gdal-dev packge for example. I guess there might be some optional drivers for
which plugins aren't yet packages

But looking at https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/, it is not clear where (if I
were that volunteer) to start with. For example is there some VM with
compilers pre-installed and build recipes of existing packages ?
I guess https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackagingInstructions could benefit
from a step-by-step howto demonstrating howto create a new version.
Hum actually I see that there are -src.tar.bz2 packages for GDAL at
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/x86_64/release/gdal/ , but I cannot find the
equivalent for QGIS at http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/x86_64/release/qgis/

I was wondering how the automated build of QGIS was managed. There must be a
server somewhere that does the builds and uploads them ?

Even

http://www.spatialys.com