[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] Funding code Sprints

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 05:27:52 PST 2016

Patrick, I think you are conflating Hackathons and code sprints - a
hackathon is a random collection of cute assignments while Code Sprints are
where a team (or teams) come together to achieve a goal that needs doing
and is easier to solve when a group of developers are in the same room. For
example the recent GeoServer sprint that upgraded the version of wicket
used in GeoServer which is not a sexy project that could be done
incrementally by a single volunteer.

Ian

Ian Turton