[OSGeo-Discuss] Note the LocationTech badge is not showing correctly

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Aug 17 23:10:58 PDT 2017

Hi Helmut and Maxi,

Thanks for expressing your concerns about listing
of projects and badges on the beta website as a
part of the OSGeo "website/rebranding" initiative.

As mentioned by Helena, earlier on this thread, the
listing of projects and display of project badges on the beta website
is an ongoing open discussion which requires valuable
inputs and insights such as those expressed in your
earlier mails.

I must put on record that I was not aware when/where/how
the matter of listing of projects in the beta website was discussed
and decided. Perhaps this was done in some of the committee
meetings that I could not participate. It is impossible for me to
attend various committee meetings due to time constraints.
Now that you have brought up you concerns in the OSGeo-discuss
list, look forward to having a broader discussion and strive to formulate
clear rules and procedures for listing projects on the OSGeo website.

I would also like to express many thanks to all involved in
creating our brand new website. I feel that the next appropriate
steps would be;

a) Migrate relevant and up-to-date contents form our existing website to
our new beta website

b) Discuss about the new stuff that we may wish to add and
formulate clear procedure and rules for doing the same

c) Add new stuff after step b) above

I also like the proposal of "freezing period" that Maxi suggested in a
related thread [1]. I suggest that discuss and decide on this matter after
we recover from the FOSS4G-Boston conference-lag (I am yet to get over my
FOSS4G-Europe conference lag!).

Best

Venka

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2017-August/035438.html