[OSGeo-Discuss] Mentors money

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 00:18:10 PDT 2017

Former admin here.

When I became admin in 2012, mentors money was added to OSGeo incomes.
I started a discussion with the Board and current mentors about it, and
the agreed outcome was that the mentors' money should specifically be
allocated for code sprint support. (See budgets from 2013 onwards, and
board list/IRC logs for extended information).

So it is misleading to say that OSGeo retains the money: it is
has been available to projects every year.

I welcome mentors to make use of this year's allocated money for code
sprints - for next year and onwards (assuming OSGeo will apply for GSoC
and gets accepted) the discussion can be reopened. I'm not an admin
anymore but I would be glad to contribute with information about past
decisions.

Best
Anne