[OSGeo-Discuss] Changes (and proposed changes) regarding the Code of Conduct

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Wed Dec 12 02:08:30 PST 2018

Hi Ben,

I think the counterpoint to this is highlighting that most western
justice systems are based around intent (i.e. good-faith or bad-faith,
or "mens rea"). For example. the difference between murder and
homicide/manslaughter is solely intent and it is up to the system itself
to determine that intent.

As the famous old quote goes:

"Better that 10 guilty men go free than to convict a single innocent
man" - William Blackstone

Personally I'm not a fan of the Covenant; it has big subjective
loopholes and components that be used to retroactively change the rules.

@Maria - a concern with having this conversation on the CoC list is that
that's a self-selecting group and there's a non-zero chance it can end
up as an echo chamber. How many of the folks who have put forth an
opinion in this thread on /discuss are also on /CoC for instance?

Cheers,
Jonathan