[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter members list

SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy
Tue Jul 17 05:49:16 PDT 2018

Thanks,

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY
(598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/
________________________________
De: Discuss <discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> en nombre de Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
Enviado: lunes, 16 de julio de 2018 18:27
Para: Vicky Vergara
Cc: OSGeo Discussions
Asunto: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Charter members list

There is a charter-members at osgeo.org<mailto:charter-members at osgeo.org> email list (traditionally used by CRO to organize elections ) that we could consider using to contact the remainder.

--
Jody Garnett

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 at 13:04, Vicky Vergara <vicky at georepublic.de<mailto:vicky at georepublic.de>> wrote:
Hello charter members

Hope you had a very "lazy" 2 weeks watching soccer games :)
Hoping that this weekend you have time to work on adding your data to the OSGeo website.
**Remember that the most important element of our organization are the Members.**

This time I divided the mail into 5 topics:

Frist topic: please send me mail to help me find you.
Second topic: Apology
Third topic: About the 2 week ago promise:
Fourth topic: statistics
​​
​
​Fifth topic:​ Register to OSGeo webapge

Frist topic: please send me mail to help me find you.

If you already have a login name, but you filled your name incomplete, or differently than the charter member list name then I cant find you.
please send me privately a mail indicating your logging name and who you are in the charter members list.

If you already have a login name, but you modify your name so it matches the name on the charter member list, yeah, I will be able to find you, but I have no means to know you made the change unless you
please send me privately a mail indicating your logging name and who you are in the charter members list.

If you are new registering to the OSGeo website:
please send me privately a mail indicating your logging name and who you are in the charter members list.

Second topic: Apology
I apologize of not sending last week report about the charter member list on the new website.
But:
I was busy with my usual Job duties.
Also busy translating to Spanish the overviews of OSGeoLive documentation.
Also busy doing some GSoC mentoring
Also busy figuring out how to hide the profile page on OSGeo website

From the last "busy" point, I can tell you that now:
if you choose to hide the profile page: (I choose to hide me for this week so you can see how it works)
- the name wont have a link on the charter members page (look for vicky and you will see that there is no link)
  https://www.osgeo.org/about/charter-members/

- The hidden profile page shows only the name (and a "pancho the seal" image)
  https://www.osgeo.org/member/vicky-vergara/
  PS, "pancho the seal" will change, we are open for ideas of what to put as image

- the member wont show on the members list
  you wont find me here (again look for vicky)
  https://www.osgeo.org/community/members/

Third topic: About the 2 week ago promise
The promise was "If next week we hit the 300 charter members in the automatic list, I will add sorting buttons so that the charter members can be sorted in different ways."
That is no easy task fro me: re-learning HTML, re-learning PHP, reading wordpress code, figuring out how wordpress works internally.
Well, I really appreciate that the 300 charter members in the automatic list number was not reached.
So I give my great thanks for not making me work (more).

Fourth topic: statistics
​​
This last two week only 2 members were added to the automatic list.

Week before last: 170 charter members, were still missing 220 charter members.​

This week: 172 charter members, were still missing 218 charter members.​

https://www.osgeo.org/about/charter-members/

​​
​
​Fifth topic:​ Register to OSGeo webapge

For the ones that had never logged into the OSGeo webapge
Note that the wiki login & the osgeo login are different, this last one is an LDAP login

Click on login,
fill your (LDAP) login and password

if you dont have an LDAP account: https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/create
you will need a mantra. (you can ask me for it or click on the mantra button)
​

To change your OSGeo password, go to: https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/edit

If you forgot your password, go to https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/reset

For the ones that are already registered on the OSGeo webapge but I could not find you because data might be incomplete

Please update your data:
* fill "website" field with link to the OSGeo wiki page you created when you were nominated.
* Fill your first name and last name & e-mail

**IMPORTANT**
If you:
* are creating your member page,
* or if it exists already and you are not in the automated section of charter members page,
* or if you see a mistake
* or need the mantra
* created a double account and now have to pages
* or have any problem

please send me a reply privately, so that we don't inundate discuss channel and I can give you a hand.

Thanks
Vicky
SAC

--