[OSGeo-Discuss] World Commons Week.

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Oct 6 04:19:16 PDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

Greetings to all colleagues on the World Commons Week. During the entire week, there will be also a multitude of local events organized in different parts of the world, and particularly in Europe, all dedicated to raising awareness about the scholarship and practice of the Commons in many thematic areas, including water, forests, fisheries and marine settings; the global atmosphere; infrastructure, urban and rural areas; technology and software; and knowledge sharing and co-production.

Please see details at

https://www.iasc-commons.org/world-commons-week-kicks-starts-today-on-october-4-2018-possibilities-to-join/

It is very good that OGRS Community is also meeting next week  to focus the discussion on this topic to promote, discuss and find pathways to put Open Science in Action. Details at http://2018.ogrs-community.org

It is important that we think of protecting global commons for the benefit of everyone and our future generations. Service for the benefit and betterment of humanity is a key fundamental principle of “Geo for All” movement. I would to like to thank all colleagues worldwide who have made contributions to open education efforts and being good global citizens by helping spread the benefits of education to all.

I want to join all our colleagues in wishing everyone a very productive week of celebrating the commons scholarship and practice.

Best wishes,

Suchith

attachment.

where permitted by law.