[OSGeo-Discuss] Introduction

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Wed Oct 16 02:07:05 PDT 2019

I found OsGeo while looking for software to turn a ZHD or GNS file into a
RINEX file that I could run on my Linux laptop.

I am a North Carolina land surveyor who have been working on a land surveying
CAD program for over eleven years, starting when I was in surveying school.
It's been on GitHub for years, but I'm still the only developer. I've also
started some point cloud processing software, but it's not public yet.

What I'd like to find is:
*Other people interested in contributing. The programs are written in C++, but
there are things to do that don't involve coding, such as writing help files,
entering map projection data, drawing button icons, and translating.
*A source of funding. I have a lead of a possible job, but it may be a few
weeks before I hear back. I'm not in danger of running out of money, but I
would like to buy some computers to test software on more OSes and processors.
*Ideas on how to package and sell software. It's free software, but most
surveyors I know run Windows, not Linux or BSD, and don't know how to install
software from source. I've gotten it to run on Windows, but still haven't
figured out how to package it. I'm thinking I could sell CDs with Windows
binaries and source code.
*Other projects that I might could contribute to.

The CAD program is at http://bezitopo.org/ and in the Git repo at https://
github.com/phma/bezitopo .

Pierre
--
Lanthanidia deliciosa: What the kiwifruit would be
if it weren't so radioactive.