[OSGeo-Discuss] Attn: PROJ: Transverse and oblique Mercator

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Fri Jan 10 03:24:36 PST 2020

Jody Garnett posted on the incubator list some CONTRIBUTING files, one of which
is at PROJ, so I've been looking around. I've written code that computes the
transverse Mercator projection accurate to within 1 mm over 80% of the earth
and 100 µm over 71%, that is, within 100 µm up to 45° from the central
meridian. Are you interested?

I'd also like to understand the oblique Mercator well enough to write code for
it and what the differences are (besides the obvious) between Alaska and
Switzerland.

Pierre
--
loi mintu se ckaji danlu cu jmaji