[OSGeo-Discuss] Quick question

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Mon May 20 16:01:02 PDT 2024

On Tuesday, 21 May 2024 8:04:14 AM AEST ed.maghboul at x-spatial.com wrote:
> Hello Brad,
>
> With my apologies for being too vague, we currently use MapGuide OS 3.1 for
> our enterprise GIS solution at a few airports, and they have voiced concern
> about the vulnerability of PHP version noted below, which as I understand is
> used for its admin purposes. From your email I gather that you are
> suggesting that either we fund the development necessary or do it
> ourselves, is this correct? If yes, can you direct me to a team that could
> possibly perform this upgrade so I can get an estimate from them?

There are a list of people involved and relevant mailing lists linked off

https://www.osgeo.org/projects/mapguide-open-source/

This isn't a project I am involved in, or am familiar with. However, I note
that

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/3.1.2/Notes#Changessince3.1.1

says that 3.1.2 has updated PHP to 5.6.40

There are beta releases of 4.0, which suggests support for later versions of
PHP. Most projects are very happy to get feedback from real-world use. Clearly
deploying a beta version into a production environment isn't a good idea, but
a representative test environment is a good way to contribute.

HTH

Brad