[OSGeo-Edu] Re: OEGEO Logo

watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu
Sat Aug 12 08:14:10 EDT 2006

The course is geared towards anyone who wants to learn about open source GIS.
Last Spring students ranged from GIS novices to professionals who have
been in the field for years and wanted to learn something new> There
were university faculty and students, some used it as material in ther
class rooms.

Attached are two certificate, I would prefer certificate.jpg but will
settle for certificate1.jpg as well as a draft ofthe course for
MapWindow

The course outline is as close as identical as possible so if one wants
to know about vecor data, it is section 400 regardless if you are in
uDig, QGIS, MapWindow, etc

MapWindow GIS 4.1.2342
000.0			Setup and Update
001.0				Introduction
002.0           			Getting the software 002.1				MapWindow GIS
002.2				WinZip
003.0           			Getting the Data 003.1	    			Obtaining Data from
National Atlas
004.0          			MapWindow GIS  004.1				Updating MapWindow GIS
100			Projects
101.0 			Projects
101.1   			         Creating a New Project
101.3  				Saving a Project
102.0 			Our First Project
102.1   			         Additional Windows
103.0        		Rendering
103.1                		Rendering
104.0       		Projections
104.1                		Projections
104.2				Assigning Projections
104.3				Reprojection
104.4				Custom Projections

200			Interface
201.0			The MapWindow  Interface
201.1				The Standard Toolbars
201.2 				Addition Menus:

300			Tools
301.0			Zoom Tools
301.1 				Map Zoom Tools
301.2  				Zooming In
301.3  				Zooming Out:
301.4  				Zooming to Full Extent
301.5  				Zooming to Previous or Next Extent:
301.6  				Zoom to Layer Extent
302.0			Panning 302.1  				Panning
303.0 				Measuring
303.1  				Measuring distance

400			Vector Data
401.0				Vector Data
401.1  				Adding Vector Map Data
402.0			The Legend
402.1   			         Using the Legend to Control the Layers
402.2  				Changing the Layer Name.
402.3  				Changing the Drawing Order:
402.4  				Removing a Layer from the Map
402.5  				Making the Layer Scalable
403.0			Map Symbolization
403.1  				Map Layer Symbolization
403.2  				Changing the Default Symbology
404.0 			Labeling Layers
404.1				Adding a Label to a Layer
405.0  			         Manipulating the map
405.1   			         Querying Map Features
406.0  			Selecting Features
406.1    			         Selecting Features by Rectangle
407.0   			Data Editing and Creating
407.1               		Creating a New Layer
407.2  				Editing a Layer
407.3				Clipping a Layer

500			Raster Data 501.0  			Raster Data
501.1  				Raster Data
501.2 				Legend Editor
501.3 			         Coloring Scheme Editor

600			Plugins or Extensions
601.0			Plugins Basics
601.1		           	MapWindow Plug-ins
601.2           			Adding a Plug-in to MapWindow

602			Managing Plug-ins
602.0			Managing Plug-ins
602.1  				Plug-in Menus
602.2                  		Scripts
602.3    		      	         Plug-in List

603.0      		GIS Tools Plug-in
604.0                	Raster Tools
604.1			         Assign Projection to Grid
604.2			         Reproject Grid
604.3			         Change Grid Format
604.4			         Create Grid Image
604.5			         Resample Grid
604.6                           	Merge Grid
604.7			         Clip Grid with Polygon
604.8	 		         Georeference image or raster
604.9			         Generate a contour shapefile
605.0                	Vector Tools
605.1				Assign Projection to Shapefile
605.2				Reproject Shapefile
605.3				Buffer Shapes
605.4				Calculate Polygon Area
605.5				Clip Polygon with Line
605.6				Clip Shapefile with Polygon
605.7				Erase Shapefile with Polygon
605.8				Merge Shapefile
606.0        		Miscellaneous Plug-ins
606.1                		Identifier
606.2				Document Launcher
606.3				Shapefile Labeler
606.4				Shapefile Editor
606.5  				Table Editor
606.6				EPA BASINS 4
607.0			Third Party Plug-ins
607.1				Third party Plug-ins
607.2				EMRG Plug-ins
607.3				MapWindow Plug-in
608.0			Stand Alone Utilities
608.1				Stand Alone Utilities

700			Extra Features
701.0			Map Overview
701.1  				Map Overview
702.0			Customizing and Programming
702.1  				Plug-in Creation
702.2		                   Custom Application using MapWinGIS ActiveX

800			Hard Copy/Exporting
801.0 	  		Printing a Hard Copy or Exporting
801.1                		Printing a Hard Copy
801.2				Exporting

900			Support and Help
901.0			Support
901.1                 		Support