[OSGeo-Edu] special issue FOSS4G206

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Oct 13 10:35:16 EDT 2006

Helena Mitasova wrote:

> On Oct 13, 2006, at 9:21 AM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Sorry, I could not be at the Edu Meeting today.
>> Was confused about the time and thinking that
>> it was scheduled for
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=13&year=2006&hour=13&min=0&sec=0
>>

>> Is the Educom considering a special issue or
>> memoir of selected papers at FOSS4G2006?
>
> Venka,
>
> I think that we should do it, given the fact that there were no
> proceedings.
> Would you be able to arrange this with IJ Geoinformatics or some other
> journal?

I can. But they need 4000-5000US$  for 150 page (15 color pages)
issue to support printing cost. Either we find such money or
find a publisher who can do it cheaper or ask authors to
pay money (I do not like that)

> If yes, I will be happy to help with selection of papers, inviting the
> authors to submit and reviews.

Great, I think you would be ideal as one of the guest editors for
the special issue if/when we do it.

Venka