[OSGeo-Edu] foss4g examples of biodiversity/env. health

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 08:53:45 EDT 2007

Hi,

just found this message today - we are working on infectious diseases
such as tick-borne and rodent-borne diseases within the European
project "EDEN" (http://www.eden-fp6project.net/).

In our workgroup at Center of Alpine Ecology (CEA) we use,
guess what, GRASS, QGIS, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, GDAL, R-stats etc to
do data preparation and analysis. My personal work in the project
is focused on data preparation including MODIS satellite data
processing and derivation of environmental indicators from MODIS
as well as risk mapping using the "randomForest" machine learning
algorithm within R.

Some material is here:
http://mpa.itc.it/rs/
with pointers to articles and presentations.

Let me know if you are interested in any material for your presentation.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler             neteler.eden AT gmail.com
CEA, Centro di Ecologia Alpina, http://www.cealp.it/