[OSGeo-Edu] PostGIS, etc on a USB stick

Brian Timoney brian at thetimoneygroup.com
Sat Jan 27 18:03:15 EST 2007

All:

I've seen stuff on the Web about running Apache/PHP/MySQL off of a USB
stick.

I have an instruction lab situation where such as setup with
PostgreSQL/PostGIS, Apache, and PHP running off a USB stick (Windows)
would be ideal.

Aaron Racicot has mentioned to me that this list has discussed various
quick start options to help folks get over the not inconsiderable
start-up hurdles of geospatial open-source.

I'd be happy to kick a few dollars in to pay for someone's time and
donate the fruits to the community.

Thanks,

Brian Timoney