[OSGeo-Edu] PostGIS, etc on a USB stick

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Sun Jan 28 08:23:32 EST 2007

On Sun, January 28, 2007 00:03, Brian Timoney wrote:

> All:
>
> I've seen stuff on the Web about running Apache/PHP/MySQL off of a USB
> stick.
>
> I have an instruction lab situation where such as setup with
> PostgreSQL/PostGIS, Apache, and PHP running off a USB stick (Windows)
> would be ideal.
>
> Aaron Racicot has mentioned to me that this list has discussed various
> quick start options to help folks get over the not inconsiderable
> start-up hurdles of geospatial open-source.
>
> I'd be happy to kick a few dollars in to pay for someone's time and
> donate the fruits to the community.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Brian Timoney

Hey,
thats cool, thanks for the initiative! Would you also consider adding your
site to:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Open_Source_Training_Providers

And vice versa (from a visbility point of view) it would be great, if you
would add a link to the OSGeo from your hompage. Our (OSGeo's) visibility
lives off being linked from many places and I really like your home page.

For details on how to do that please read:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Logo_Use#Linking_to_OSGeo

If this link is not exhaustive on how to do that correctly (following
OSGeo's logo guidelines) feel free to ask Tyler Mitchell or Michael
Gerlek.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

--