[OSGeo-Edu] New OSGeo education web pages and meeting summary

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sat Sep 29 09:31:19 EDT 2007

Well, as I said in the meeting this all caught me by surprise. And
Puneet's statements are correct -- face-to-face does make a difference!
And I want to say publicly to him that we are appreciative of the
efforts he has taken over the last couple years. It's hard to mobilize
virtual cats!

But I see two possible paths here:

(1) Puneet and I try, over the next year, a co-chair situation; or
(2) We develop an election process (is there one)?

My personal suggestion is for us to go with #1 for the next year and see
how it goes. Having co-chairs adds another benefit. It will raise the
likelihood that at least one chair will be at the next year's
conference.

Is a vote in order on the options above?

I need to spend time with my kids but I'll be following up early next
week on the "platform subcommittee" work and will be emailing to all
attendees who might not be on this list encouraging them to subscribe.

And please! If you have a course or content to let us know about --
Visit the project inventory page
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Educational_Content_Inventory)
and add your information or send me it if you have trouble editing the
wiki!

Thanks

Charlie

--