[OSGeo-Edu] Re-starting our discussions

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Dec 9 13:36:28 EST 2008

On 8-Dec-08, at 4:34 PM, Mark Leslie wrote:

> While a searchable metadatabase would be ideal, I'm thinking in
> baby steps.  I will make a run at reorganizing the page as soon as
> I have a bit of time, likely by adding in tablular references
> grouped by language and category or application as a first step.

Within the Drupal framework of the www.osgeo.org web site it's pretty
easy to build simple form interfaces and summary views of content.  I
took a few minutes this morning to build one that mimics the wiki
page.  It isn't perfect but shows the possibilities clear enough.  If
there is interest I can clean it up a bit more and add/remove certain
fields.

Right now anyone can submit content to the inventory app here:
http://www.osgeo.org/node/add/edu-content

Then you can view all the entries in a table view here:
http://www.osgeo.org/educational_content

We can also create other views of the data using attributes entered
in by the user, e.g. sort by software or filter only material for
primary education, etc.

This only took a few minutes to compile, so it's no sweat if the wiki
is easier to stick with.  If someone is interested in working with me
to improve this application, let me know.

Best wishes from the land of ice and snow,
Tyler