[OSGeo-Edu] Task F- CD/ DVD

cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sun Jul 6 17:36:17 EDT 2008

Hi Clara -
Sorry for my delay in responding.

Quoting Clara Tattoni <tattonic at ing.unitn.it>:

> Our modules are html, and they are linked in the content inventory page,
>   and accessible from there. is that ok?

Looks great to me. Thanks! Landon pointed out to me that there is a Debian GIS
group. And maybe this was mentioned and I forgot, but there is another OSGeo
subgroup that in 2007 did an inventory which I linked to our wiki task
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Distribution_Special_Interest_Groups).

> Last year in Victoria we made DVD copies for our attendees, it would be
> very nice to give more copies, especially in south Africa.

Yes, that would be great! Is there someone from your group, Clara, going to
South Africa who can do this?

Not sure what the next steps are on this task. None of these solutions appear to
me to be meeting exactly what Gavin was suggesting on the task (One-click
installation for Linux, Windows or Mac; Integrated software stack so teachers
and learners have to launch a minimal number of applications; Simplified and
customised GUIs...). But it is a great start...

Suggestions on next steps or volunteers to move it forward are welcome!

Cheers