[OSGeo-Edu] Task F- CD/ DVD

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 19:34:26 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 11:36 PM, <cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu> wrote:

> Not sure what the next steps are on this task. None of these solutions
> appear to
> me to be meeting exactly what Gavin was suggesting on the task (One-click
> installation for Linux, Windows or Mac; Integrated software stack so
> teachers
> and learners have to launch a minimal number of applications; Simplified
> and
> customised GUIs...). But it is a great start...
> Suggestions on next steps or volunteers to move it forward are welcome!

Hello everybody!

First of all a bit of presentation: I am the main developer of the
Ominiverdi Livecd Project [1] and currently
we are working on the Desktop Livecd 2008.0 which should be out in the next
days.
Other then software updates since the releases 2007.1, we moved to Ubuntu
for a better hardware detection and to offer the possibility to install the
whole system in a easy way.
To a have a tool useful also for people who don't uses Linux we bundled
installation package for windows system ( with an help page showing up on
Autorun); the idea is to put inside also packages for Mac, but doing this
will mean moving from CD to DVD.
We will be very happy to collaborate with other Livecd developers for
creating an unique system which can be used in any situations.

Bye
Luca
[1] : http://www.ominiverdi.org/index.php/livecd/Free%20GIS%20liveCD