[OSGeo-Edu] Re: [gdal-dev] Using the CORINE2000 land cover/land use data base with GRASS-GIS under Ubuntu-linux 8.04

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jun 16 19:34:13 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 18:03 -0400, cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu wrote:
> Wonderful Nikos!
>
> Quoting Nikos Alexandris <nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de>:
>
> > The new corrected/re-styled document replaced the first "bad-looking"
> > version and is to be found in the same web-link as before:
> >
> http://www.isprs-studentconsortium.org/assets/files/Material_reports/Volume_2_No2/CORINE_withGRASS.pdf
>
> I see you indeed have an entry for this on the OSGeo Educational Content page as
> well. Terrific!
>
> Please consider adding a section with an open content license if you haven't
> already at the top of your tutorial. For our tutorials, we are using this
> passage:
>
> "This tutorial is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative
> Works 3.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/). This means
> that users are free to copy and share this material with others. Requests for
> creating new derivatives should be sent to the primary author."
>
> This allows us to control the source that will be in the OSGeo subversion
> system. But you may have a difference license you'd prefer to use.
>
> Cheers and thanks!
>
> Charlie Schweik
> OSgeo edu co-chair

Thank you Mr. Schweik.

I did not add the license text yet since the document is published
through the Newsletter (ISPRS Student Consortium) and we have an
internal discussion with my colleagues about the Newsletter's license.
We finally (I think so) go for a CC license. If we end up with another
license I will update the document accordingly.

My warmest greetings,

Nikos