[OSGeo-Edu] Task F- CD/ DVD

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Jun 27 11:27:02 EDT 2008

Hi Clara,
Thanks much for the update.

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 15:46 +0200, Clara Tattoni wrote:
> In order to run our workshop Paolo is developing a multi-language
> live-DVD based on Kubuntu, with GRASS, QGIS, R and other packages
> together with a beginners tutorial in English. At the moment we are all
> working on the English version of our Italian tutorial (already listed
> among the edu contents! :)).
Wonderful! Any chance you'd be willing to put your modules (English and
Italian) up on the wiki like I did with my course (when you have time)?

> just because we divided among us the many lists to follow. He agrees to
>   share this dvd with the edu-committee, and he is available to add some
> extra content if you are interested in using it as edu-committee or for
> the upcoming conference or... ideas are welcome!
Wonderful!!! Any chance you (or perhaps Paolo could join) could create a
wiki page with a short summary for this work and update our task list
with this short status? If you don't have time, I'll do it.

I wonder if Gavin is monitoring this and whether this helps him toward
his original suggestion. If anyone has other ideas in preparation for
Cape Town chime in... I'll be there so I could do some logistics in
absence for others. There's enough time left to coordinate. I think the
idea was to have some of these DVDs available for people to take...

Cheers