[OSGeo-Edu] Educational content, subversion and preparing for the FOSS4Geo

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Sep 19 09:15:08 EDT 2008

Hi OSGeo edu folks,

Sorry for my long absence. I was traveling back to the states from New
Zealand and have been caught up with work related to my university.

A couple things:

1) TUTORIAL ON SUBVERSION LIBRARY FOR EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL

Attached is a tutorial my colleague Sasha wrote up (thanks Sasha) on the
OSGeo edu Subversion system (I'm rushing, but the next version will be in
ODF or on the wiki directly). Sorry we didn't get this to you a little
earlier, but it would be *wonderful* if one or more people on this list with
content tried to get their work uploaded to this library *this week* so I
could demonstrate this at FOSS4Geo.

Note the approach we used with our material. You'll see that on our
Educational Content wiki page our tutorials are linked to the subversion pdf
files. [1]

2) There has been a little activity on our educational inventory page... if
you have new or revised material that you don't want to store on Subversion
but want others to know about, please add your links this week so I can
showcase all of it at this conference.

3) I expect I will be making a short presentation on our group in the
conference. If you have any points you think I should say, please email them
to me.

Thanks all... please make a special effort if you can this week to do any or
all of the above.

[1]
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Educational_Content_Inventory#Introduction_to_FOS
S_GIS_using_QGIS_.8.2C_PostgreSQL.2C_PostGIS.2C_and_the_Grass_plugin_for_QGI