[OSGeo-Edu] Inventory Database

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Apr 12 16:55:37 EDT 2009

Charlie,

I just read your report, and something struck me - I had no idea there
was a database system for the Edu Inventory, and now that I do, I have
no idea where it is. I don't recall an email on the list(although I just
searched and found it from 2/25), or on OSGeo-Discuss and don't see a
link from the wiki page.
In short I think some more advertising could help, it shouldn't take
long with a few volunteers to move all the existing data over, although
we need to mark things on the wiki page that have been moved to help
alleviate confusion and speed up the process.

As for the SVN issue, I have a fair amount of experience teaching people
who wouldn't otherwise use version control to use svn. There are
actually some really great graphical interfaces to make it much easier.
Tortiosesvn for Windows, esvn for Linux, and I'll have to dig through my
notes to find the Mac application. I'll also have to dig up my slides on
'Intro to SVN' and post them. Lastly, I will also volunteer to put
things into svn for anyone that finds it too challenging.

Thanks,
Alex