[OSGeo-Edu] Infrastructure and templates for training material

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sun Apr 25 09:12:59 EDT 2010

Hi Cameron,

Cameron Shorter wrote:

> I'm hopeful that the documentation guidelines put in place for the
> LiveDVD will align with guidelines for the OSGeo education projects,
> hence the reason for starting by approaching this edu marketing list.
Great! I hope you'll continue this and utilize the OSGeo educational
content repository for storage of these documents.

As for OSGeo edu requirements for educational content, we went back and
forth on coming up with standarized formats a a couple years ago, but
really couldn't come up with an agreed upon format. My view of our
policy is "let the author use whatever format they want to use". I'd
encourage you to think about how easy it would be for others to make new
derivatives using whatever you decide to use.

I have no experience with the ICE technologies, but they sound
potentially useful to me.

I hope that helps a little.

Charlie Schweik