[OSGeo-Edu] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Archive of OSGeo / FOSS GIS presentations

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Dec 10 09:47:27 EST 2010

On 12/10/2010 2:48 AM, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:

> Some of us have been using for a while the OSGeo SVN[1]. And you can
> search on popular slides services[2][3].
>
> Best
>
> [1] http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/community/presentations/
> [2] http://www.slideshare.net/tag/osgeo
> [3]
> http://www.scribd.com/search?cat=redesign&filetype=ppt&language=0&q=osgeo
Terrific Jorge! Three reactions:

1) I think these should be connected to the OSGeo Educational Inventory
[1]. Unless anyone objects, I'm going to somehow add links to this there.

2) I encourage people who post new material to attach their material
with a Creative Commons license.

3) I think it would be helpful somehow to "tag" material that might be
appropriate for educational use, and perhaps license it with a
"derivatives permitted" license and store it on the OSGeo subversion
library, so other educators can use it and derive revised versions from it.

I encourage people to keep this in mind as they work on presentations
that might be relevant for educators.

Cheers
Charlie Schweik