[OSGeo-Edu] Academic event?

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 20 11:52:17 EDT 2011

> There's "Jornades de SIG Lliure" in Girona March 21-23 and, although it
> is in Spanish and Catalan, perhaps we could use that for a workshop and
> meeting(?). http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/

It's certainly a good location, timing and excellent local team, I'm +1 to let SIGTE group to coordinate a special day there.

Now about other side of the ocean.  North Americans want to hold an event at the same time or go for the May dates Phil recocomended?  Either way I will gladly work on planning it but just want to nail the date first.  Thoughts?

I'm not opposed to talking about it on a call/meeting, but hope to not wait for that to happen before getting started.  Time is tight, esp if a March event is desired.

Tyler